as you may have noted there has been no update since several weeks.
This is not because I did nothing. Much has been done in background.
Therefor I will give you some information about what I am actually working on and what new features will be available in the near future.
I’ve been working on a encryption/decryption filter for files and for strings. It’s already finished and can be found on incubator. Actually it awaits the acceptance of the devteam for core integration.
It’s based on PHP’s mcrypt extension which supports more than 20 different encodings.
I made a new validator which counts words within a textfile. The WordCount validator can also be found within the incubator and awaits review of the devteam.
I started the rework of Zend_Date for ZF2.0. I planned to shrink the code, and make some internal improvements. The benefit will be a performance improvement. But it will be for 2.0 and not before.
Until now I’ve not decided if we change from mktime to the new date extension. There is no real performance benefit, so I have to do some research before I can decide.
More to come soon, I’ll keep you informed.
I18N Team Leader, Zend Framework
Zend Framework Advisory Board Member
Zend Certified Engineer for Zend Framework